Image masking is an image editing technique used to hide or reveal parts of an image. It is used to protect an image from unwanted elements, such as text, graphics, or other objects while allowing other parts of the image to remain visible. In Adobe Photoshop, masking is typically done using masking tools, such as Quick Mask, Layer Mask, and Clipping Mask. Masking can also be done using selection tools, such as the Magic Wand tool, or by hand. Masking is a powerful technique for manipulating images, as it allows for precise control over which parts of an image should be visible and which should be hidden.
Masking can also be used to create special effects, such as selective blurring or color adjustments. The technique can also be used to create a “composite” image, which combines elements from two or more different images. For example, a mask can be used to combine the sky from one image with the foreground from another image, creating a composite image. Masking is also used to remove backgrounds from images, allowing for easy placement of the image on any desired background.
There are a number of methods of image masking in Photoshop. Let’s explain to you several.
1. Open photos into Photoshop you desire to utilize for your image masking tutorial purpose (go to the file menu and click open, from the dialogue box and select the photo which you would like to apply.
2. Now, choose the (W) ”Magic Wand Tool” from the toolbox (if you can not find the toolbox, just go to the window menu & choose “Tools”). Now click on the background you desire to eliminate and then it will choose the all-white part on its choice.
3. Unlock the layer palette. Create a copy layer of the photo. This means the unique is saved on the background & we are functioning on a copied layer. Just hide the background by pressing off its icon. Choose the “Copy Background” layer and click the erase key. Now the photo you have obtained without background.
4. Just take a fresh layer by pressing on the “Create a fresh layer” to the layer palette & place the color you desire to utilize the background photo if you desire from other resources.
1. Open the photo you desire to work on. Create an extra layer of the photo. This means the unique is saved on the background & we are functioning on a copied layer. Just hide the background by pressing off its icon.
2. Choose > Color Variety to the Menu. While the Color variety toolbox opens, select the Eye Dropper tool & press on the background color into the photo window. You will observe the chosen color twist white into the toolbox.
3. At present, you will observe that the background color has chosen itself all over the photo. Click the erase key, but ensure that the “Copy Background” layer is chosen; in the casing, we perform everything on the unique layer.
4. Open the background of the photo you desire to place behind these images, choose all (ctrl/cmd+A), then copy (ctrl/cmd+C). Move toward the photo you working on and (ctrl/cmd+V) paste. Ensure that the fresh background photo layer is under the masked layer.
At present, you can observe that the image is all along through diverse backgrounds. A number of other methods could be functional to obtain the most excellent consequence, for instance, touching up a quantity of a piece of the background through an eraser tool.
There is motionless a number of other wonderful complex photos where the diverse techniques of image masking must be practical. On the other hand, if you perform consequently; don’t disregard let us complete your image masking, because we have awfully expert creative hands to do that properly.